Does April 6th-April 8th seem like important days? Well it is because that is when the Nebraska State FFA Convention will be held! This convention will be similar to last years with events being held at Pinnacle Bank Arena, hotels in the haymarket, and UNL. You will be able to watch all of the sessions online live at www.neaged.org/stream.html. You can go to http://neaged.org/state-ffa-convention.html to see the full schedule, deadlines, and results. Also, follow us on Facebook (Nebraska FFA Foundation) and Twitter (@NEFFAFoundation).
Here is a preview of when the events are held:
Wednesday, April 6th:
- The registration for State Convention will begin from 9 am to 8 pm. The location for the registration will be in PBA (Pinnacle Bank Arena) Lobby.
- The Agriscience Fair will be held on Wednesday from 10:30-4 in PBA.
- The Expo will be open from 12-4:30 on Wednesday in PBA and Thursday from 8-5.
- The first FFA session will begin at 7:00 on Wednesday in PBA. During the first session “I Believe” chapters will be recognized, Gary Scharf Helping Hands Award will be presented, and introduction of new FFA chapters.
Thursday, April 7th:
- The Expo will be open from 8-5 in PBA.
- UNL’s city campus rec to host UNL’s Big Red Party at the Rec from 7:00-11:00. At this event students can play bubble soccer, climb the indoor rock wall, volleyball, soccer, and much more.
Friday, April 8th:
- The Career Fair will be open from 10:00-4:00 in PBA on concourse 3.
- The proficiency awards will be presented starting at 8:30 in PBA.
- The LSE, CDE, and Agriscience Fair award winners will be recognized at 1:30 in PBA.
- The seventh convention session will begin at 4:00 in PBA. During that time the State Degrees will be presented, Star finalists, and announcement of 2016-2017 state officer team and instillation.