Many FFA members, advisors and guests attended the 89th National FFA Convention in Indianapolis on October 19-22. Nebraska FFA members competed in contests during the Convention along with attended the career fair, listened to speakers and went sight seeing.
Here are the top results of Nebraska FFA members for the 2016 National FFA Convention:
- Kourtney Kempkes of the Palmyra FFA Chapter was in the top 10 for the Dairy Cattle Handlers Activity.
- Samuel Gifford, Benjamin Harms, Aaron Deunk and Adam Oldermeyer of the Norris FFA Chapter were the ninth place team in Farm Business Management.
- Leigh- Anne Lehman, Colton Thompson, Riley Eisenhauer and Ayden Boller of the Eustis- Farnam FFA Chapter were the sixth place team in Meats Evaluation and Technology.
- Colton Thompson of the Eustis- Farnam FFA Chapter placed as the second place individual in Meats Evaluation and Technology.
- 147 American Degrees were awarded to Nebraska FFA members.
- Jordan Paine of the Southern Valley FFA Chapter was an American Star Finalist in Agriscience.
- Seth Janssen of the Waverly FFA Chapter was an Agricultural Mechanics Repair and Maintenance Entrepreneurship Proficiency Finalist.
- Brent Miller of the Lyons- Decatur FFA Chapter was an Agriscience Research- Integrated Systems Proficiency Finalist.
You can go to https://www.ffa.org/events/convention/2016-results to see the complete list of results.
(Photo credit: National FFA Organization)